Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Last Year (at a glance)

Well... a little over a year ago, due to some happenings in my life, I moved to NC where my parents lived. (My brother, sister in law, and niece also live there). I was there for a year. In that year, I learned SO much. I became a lot closer with all of my family and that is something you can't put a price on. I learned that no matter what, my family will stand by me and be there for me. I also saw that in my future husband (more to come on that later). I became a lot closer to my Lord than I have ever been in my life, and DJ and I became a lot closer than we have ever been.
It was a struggle for me in every way, I moved from all of my friends, I for the first time in 12 years, was dependant completely on my parents, and I had no money! :0)
During that time, my eyes were opened to so many things. Who your true friends really are. It is funny that sometimes you can be like a new commodity and then later it is like WHO? You know, when you get that new outfit and you want to wear if often, you think of things you can do to wear it, places to go, because it is all about that outfit ... but sooner or later, you end up just going back to the old comfy jeans you have had for a while or you move on to another new outfit ... Friendships can also be like that. I learned that this past year. I also learned that your best friend doesn't have to be someone that you talk to everyday, but someone you know will drop anything to do anything for you anytime that you need them. I realized this past year that my mom and my longtime friend April are those people for me. While God and Daniel are truly my best friends; my momma and April are my best girl friends. (there is a difference!)
In the past year of my life, I also was able to spend more time with my dad than I have in a very long time and there is nothing that could replace that.
My grandpa passed away in January, and DJ was saved in March.
I will post the obituary of my grandpa, along with a few pictures of the past year in review later this week. Then I am going to spend some time blogging about MY LOVE, Daniel Paul Mills and how we found each other again :-) and also about the kids that have grown INTO my heart to join the one that grew UNDER my heart to give me a full house :-)
I love yall, Goodnight!
Mandy

No comments: